McIntosh MHT300 7.2-CH Home Theater Receiver
- Customer Reviews (0)
McIntosh MHT300 7.2-CH Home Theater Receiver
The McIntosh MHT300 Home Theater Receiver (or AV Receiver or AVR) is an uncompromising 7.2 (or 5.2.2) channel home theater powerhouse sure to heighten your emotional connection to what you are watching. With support for breathtaking 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz video and leading home theater surround sound audio formats Dolby® Atmos and DTS:X™, plus delivering 120 – 150 Watts of legendary McIntosh power to your home theater speakers, the MHT300 will make your home theater dreams come true.
Full Power to All Speakers All the Time
Don’t be fooled by high watts per channel specs listed by many other AV receivers on the market as many times the fine print will show that those power ratings only apply to just two channels driven. That may be fine for a stereo setup, but a home theater has a lot more than just two channels to drive.
With the MHT300, the power ratings are for all seven channels being driven. That means every 4 Ohm speaker will receive 150 Watts and every 8 Ohm speaker will receive 120 Watts of heart pounding McIntosh power to bring all your favorite movies and video content to life. Every explosion, every car chase, every high-speed flyby of a fighter jet or spaceship, every roar of the crowd after a game winning score will be faithfully reproduced by 120 – 150 Watts on every one of your speakers. With the MHT300, you’ll no longer have to wonder if each speaker is getting the full power listed on the box.
Can Expand with Your Needs
The MHT300 can also grow with your theater as its individual amplifier modules can be configured in many ways to suit your specific speaker configuration. If someday your home cinema expands beyond seven channels, additional external amplifiers can be connected to the MHT300 to power them via the Height 1 and Height 2 audio outputs. An external amplifier, such as the McIntosh MI254 4-Channel Amplifier, would be connected to these outputs to drive these additional speakers. This would effectively turn the MHT300 into a 7.2.4 channel AVR.
Even if you do not add more speakers to your home cinema, more power could be added. For example, if you decide you want more power for your front left and right speakers, you can add an external stereo amplifier to your system (such as the McIntosh MI502 amplifier) and connect it to the MHT300 by simply removing the jumper from the selected channel(s), then connecting the output on the MHT300 to the input on the stereo amplifier. Or you could connect a higher power mono amplifier to drive the center channel speaker. In these cases, the selected channel(s) would be driven by the more powerful external amplifier.
State of the Art Room Correction
Advanced room adjustment and correction is provided via Dirac Live® Room Correction. Dirac Live is an advanced room acoustic solution that enables users to optimize their sound systems and reduce unwanted effects introduced by the room. Utilizing purpose-built audio algorithms, Dirac Live provides world-class room correction with time domain correction by means of patented mixed-phase filter technology – something that all other solutions are missing. Dirac Live is nevertheless easy to use, with an intuitive user interface and step-by-step guidance that allows for quick setup and robust personalization.
Dirac Live is trusted by numerous hi-fi and home theater manufacturers, from household names to the most coveted designer brands. Their room correction solution has brought unparalleled fidelity to hundreds of thousands of delighted users worldwide, in listening situations as diverse as bedroom stereo setups, professional mixing studios, and some of the world's most exclusive home theaters.
The MHT300 has 4 HDMI inputs and 1 HDMI output. Each HDMI port is HDCP 2.2 compliant and support 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz. All ports have 18Gbps of bandwidth and are compatible with High Dynamic Range (HDR) formats Dolby Vision™, HDR10 and HLG; 4:4:4 color spacing; Rec. 2020; and 3D video pass-through.1
The HDMI output features enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC) functionality. Audio Return Channel allows a compatible TV to send audio data to the audio video processor over the HDMI cable, eliminating the need for separate audio cables. eARC offers improved bandwidth so higher resolution audio formats such as DTS-HD Master Audio™, DTS:X®, Dolby TrueHD, and Dolby Atmos can be sent through the HDMI cable, allowing the MHT300 to deliver the best possible sound quality.2 Two coax and 2 optical digital audio inputs are included to connect additional audio devices, while 2 subwoofer outputs will let you have as much bone rattling bass as you want in your theater.
Seven premium 32-bit Digital-to-Analog Converters (DACs) provide audiophile grade processing. Bass and treble tone controls are included to help fine tune the audio to your personal preferences. Sturdy 5-way speaker binding posts will firmly connect your speaker cables so you do not have to worry about them coming loose.
Setup and configuration are easily performed via computer interface. To save time, your installer can pre-configure your unit before bringing it to your home and then simply load the configuration file at installation. Similarly, you or your integrator could backup your configuration file onto a computer or USB stick for safe keeping; then you could even experiment with different configurations to listen for better performance safe in the knowledge that you could reinstall the original setup. The MHT300 can be operated via the included remote control, or your integrator can easily incorporate it into your home automation system via RS232 control protocol.
A work of art that can be placed front and center in your home theater for all to enjoy, the MHT300 can also be placed in hidden or out-of-the-way A/V equipment rack thanks to the included rack mounting brackets and its 3U rack size.
Other features included with the MHT300:
- Power Guard® signal overload technology that prevents overdriving and damaging your speakers
- Sentry Monitor™ short-circuit protection circuit that disengages the output stage should current ever approach unsafe operating levels and then resets automatically when operating conditions return to normal
- Power Control to automatically turn other connected McIntosh components on and off
- Eco-friendly on/off signal sensing that turns the unit off if no input signal has been detected for a set amount of time and – perhaps more conveniently – automatically turns the MHT300 on when it senses a signal from your home theater
- An FM Tuner for enjoying free over-the-air radio broadcasts
The MHT300 AVR includes many McIntosh design cues including a black glass front panel, an illuminated McIntosh logo, rotary control knobs, and a familiar form factor highlighted by silver trim.
1) The use of Ultra High Speed HDMI cables is required to take full advantage of the MHT300's HDMI capabilities.
2) TV must be compatible with ARC/eARC.
- Multi-Channel Outputs Balanced 0
- Multi-Channel Inputs Unbalanced 0
- Multi-Channel Outputs Unbalanced 11.2
- Stereo Inputs Balanced 0
- Stereo Inputs Unbalanced 0
- Stereo Outputs Unbalanced 0
- Digital Coaxial Input 2
- Digital Coaxial Output 0
- Digital Optical Input 2
- AES/EBU Balanced Input 0
- HDMI Input 4
- HDMI Output 1
- USB 1 Type A
- Component Input 0
- Component Output 0
- Composite Input 0
- Composite Output 0
- Subwoofer 2 Output Yes
(discrete signal from subwoofer 1)
- Network Connection 1
- Max # of audio channels in Zone A 11.2
- Additional Zone Outputs 0
- Advanced Connections Ethernet Web interface and firmware update, IP-based control
- Resolution and Refresh Rates 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz
- HDCP 2.2
- 4:4:4 Color Yes
- Rec. 2020 (BT.2020) Yes
- 3D video pass-through Yes
- Dynamic Lip-sync No
- ARC Yes
- eARC Yes
- Video Scaling No
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) Dolby Vision, HDR10+ and HLG
- Quick Media Switching (QMS) No
- Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) No
- Quick Frame Transport (QFT) No
- Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) No
- Total Harmonic Distortion (DSP Bypass) Available March 2023
- Dolby Processing Dolby Atmos, Dolby Surround Upmixer
- DTS Processing DTS-X, Neural:X Surround Upmixer
- Auro Processing No
- Pure Stereo DSP Bypass Mode No
- MPEG-H Audio No
- 360 Reality Audio No
- IMAX Enhanced No
- Room Correction Dirac Live
- Power Output per Channel 150 Watts into 4 Ohms with ALL Channels Driven
120 Watts into 8 Ohms with ALL Channels Driven
- Number of Channels 7.2 (expandable to 7.2.4)
- Total Harmonic Distortion Available March 2023
- S/N below rated output Available March 2023
- Dynamic Headroom Available March 2023
- Damping Factor Available March 2023
- Rated Power Band Available March 2023
- Frequency Response Available March 2023
- Third Party Control RS232, Web IP, IR Input
- Tone Controls Bass and Treble
- OSD Overlay on HDMI Output Volume Only
- Input-Output Format Indicators 0
- Control of McIntosh Sources Yes, by handheld remote, 1 Data Out, 2 Power Control Trigger jacks
- Channel Formats 7.2 (5.2.2), 7.1, 5.1, Stereo (expandable to 7.2.4)
- Microphone and stand included Yes
- Network Features Ethernet Setup
- Unique Crossover Frequency, Each Speaker Yes
- Special Features FM Tuner
Rear panel USB for firmware updating
- Circuit Configuration Closed loop digital switching
- Circuit Design Digital
- Output Type Direct Coupled
- BTU Rating Available March 2023
WEIGHTS & DIMENSIONS
- Unit Dimensions (W x H x D) Available March 2023
- Unit Weight Available March 2023
- Shipping Weight Available March 2023