McIntosh MT2 Turntable
- Customer Reviews (0)
McIntosh MT2 Turntable
"McIntosh uses the word ‘precision’ in its description of this deck - we’d add rock-solid. It laid open a classic rock mix with a combination of solidity to the bass elements and precision to the highs in a sound which was often too enjoyable to analyze; LPs came and went with very few review notes going down on paper, such was our distraction by the MT2’s presentation." - Sound+Image
The MT2 is a great way to upgrade your home audio system to play vinyl albums. A full complement of features allows for all recordings to be reproduced with flawless realism. Its advanced electronic and mechanical design will give you many years of smooth, trouble-free operation. A subtle green glow emanates from under the platter and the outside edges of the plinth for a touch of refined ambiance.
The MT2 plays both 33-1/3 and 45 rpm records. It’s virtually ready to use out of the box with just a few setup steps to complete and then you’ll be enjoying your vinyl in no time. The MT2 comes with a Sumiko Moonstone cartridge, a next-gen moving magnet phono pickup. The Moonstone phono cartridge is dressed to impress. It has low moving-mass and output, and is topped off with their listen-tested 0.3 x 0.7 mil elliptical diamond. Moonstone transcribes sonic imagery with weight, richness, depth, and keenly realistic texture. The sonic image is suspended and well-controlled over a nearly-absent noise floor, providing fantastic clarity without etch nor confusion.
The tonearm is constructed from dural-aluminum with special damping materials and is light weight yet highly rigid. The noise free vertical bearings feature two precision ceramic surfaces with damping fluid; the horizontal bearing is a gimbaled sapphire design.
The belt driven, solid black outer platter is made from a special dynamically balanced polyoxymethylene (POM) and is over 1” thick. This heftiness helps to both resist and absorb external vibrations that can cause noise during playback; its large mass also provides the perfect flywheel action for stable playback speed. The inner platter is made of CNC-precision milled aluminum. The platters rotate on a polished and tempered steel shaft in a sintered bronze bushing.
The DC motor is driven by an external voltage-stabilized power supply and is completely decoupled from the chassis, isolating your records from any mechanical interference. Its sturdy plinth has a resonance optimized and highly compressed wood base with black lacquer finish, while the top and middle acrylic plates help absorb unwanted vibrations.
A clear, contoured dust cover is included. The MT2 turntable is compatible with a variety of McIntosh phono preamplifiers, stereo preamplifiers, integrated amplifiers and home theater processors with phono inputs; virtually any of our amplifiers and speakers can be used to complete your audio system.
- Cartridge Type Moving Magnet
- Output Level 3.0 mV at 5 cm/s
- Load Impedance 47K Ohms recommended (Preamp MM Input)
- Frequency Response 12Hz to 33kHz
- Channel Separation 30dB at 1kHz
- Compliance 12 x 10-6 cm/dyne
- Recommended Tracking Force 2.0 g
- Channel Difference 0.5dB at 1kHz
- Total Mass 6.5 g
- Stylus Elliptical Diamond
- Cantilever Material Aluminum
- Bearing Sapphire and Ceramic
- Arm Tube Dural-Aluminum
- Counterweight Eccentric
- Adjustments Vertical Tracking Angle, Antiskate, Azimuth
- Playback Speeds 33-1/3 and 45 rpm
- Motor Type DC Motor with Stainless Steel Brushes
- Speed Control Servo System
- Platter Dynamically balanced polyoxymethylene (POM)
- Platter Bearing Polished and tempered steel shaft in sintered bronze bushings
- Signal To Noise Ratio 35dB - 40dB
- Wow & Flutter 0.15% - 0.25%
- Stereo Outputs Unbalanced 1
- Power Control Input 0
- Power Control Output 0
- Platter Light N/A
- Speed Control Fine Adjustment Yes
- Dust Cover Included Yes
WEIGHTS & DIMENSIONS
- Unit Dimensions (W x H x D) 17-13/16" (45.2cm) x 5" (12.7cm) (6" (15.2cm) with dust cover) x 17" (43.2cm)
Note: Tone Arm Height will vary depending on the type of Cartridge installed.
- Unit Weight 29 lbs (13.2 kg)
- Shipping Weight 39 lbs (17.6 kg)