Home / Shop
MI128 8-CH Digital Amplifier
- Customer Reviews (0)
MI128 8-CH Digital Amplifier
The versatile MI128 8-Channel Digital Amplifier can be used in many applications ranging from distributed audio to home theater to stereo listening. It delivers 120 Watts into 8 Ohm speakers or 150 Watts into 4 Ohm speakers via highly sophisticated closed loop digital switching amplifiers that are paired with extremely robust power supplies to produce performance levels that are rarely achieved in distributed audio.
It has installer-friendly physical dimensions and is 2U rack mountable via the included mounting ears (the mounting ears are removable for non-rack installations). As a highly efficient Class D amplifier, it does not require noisy cooling fans to maintain nominal operating temperature.
On the front panel, multi-color LED indicators display the status of each channel. On the back are unbalanced inputs for each channel plus 2-pole Phoenix style push-in speaker terminals. Also located on the back are volume controls for volume balancing, along with 2 digital audio inputs (either coax or optical) that can be bussed, and channel summing circuits for easy mono signal distribution.
Other features included on the MI128 are: Power Guard® signal overload technology that prevents overdriving the speakers; our Sentry Monitor™ short-circuit protection circuit that disengages the output stage before current exceeds safe operating levels and then resets automatically when operating conditions return to normal; BUS input & outputs to easily distribute a stereo signal to multiple outputs and/or multiple amplifiers; individual channel inputs; 12 Volt triggering capabilities; and eco-friendly on/off signal sensing that turns the unit off if no input signal has been detected for a set amount of time or automatically turns the amp on when it senses a signal.
The MI128 includes many McIntosh design cues including a black glass front panel housing an illuminated McIntosh logo, along with a familiar form factor that is highlighted with silver trim. Contact your local dealer to learn more about integrating the MI128 into your custom audio installation.
- Power Output per Channel 120 Watts into 8 Ohms
150 Watts into 4 Ohms
- Number of Channels 8
- Total Harmonic Distortion 0.05%
- S/N below rated output 95dB
- Dynamic Headroom 8 Ohms: 2.1dB
4 Ohms: 3.3dB
- Damping Factor 8 Ohms: >65
4 Ohms: >32
- Rated Power Band 20Hz to 20kHz
- Frequency Response +0, -0.5dB from 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- Remote Power Control Yes
- Multi-Channel DB25 Cable N/A
- Speaker Binding Post Type 2-pole Phoenix style push-in speaker terminals
- Circuit Configuration Closed loop digital switching
- Circuit Design Digital
- Mono Bridge N/A
- Mono Parallel N/A
- Output Type Direct Coupled
- Meters No
- Meter Light Switch No
- Balanced Input 0
- Front Panel Glass with removable rack mounting ears
- Illumination Direct LED
- Chassis Style Black painted steel
- BTU Rating 1000 BTU/h
WEIGHTS & DIMENSIONS
- Unit Dimensions (W x H x D) 17-1/2" (44.45cm) (19" (48.3cm with mounting ears)) x 4-5/16" (11cm) (including feet) x 21" (53.3cm) (including front panel and cables)
- Unit Weight 22 lbs (10 kg)
- Shipping Weight 38.4 lbs (17.4 kg)